Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2013

"Awakening the Warriors" (S.E. Gilchrist)

"Awakening the Warriors" by S.E. Gilchrist.  The story of Fran, a human from Earth that travels to an colony in space only to be imprisoned.  She must awaken the inner lust of 2 warriors that are the only hope to save the prisoners.  While I enjoyed the "pull" between Fran and the warriors, overall, I wasn't overly excited or thrilled with the story as a whole.  At times, I felt lost like I missed something so I went back and re-read it but still didn't "get it".  Maybe it was due to it being in "space" or just being a novella that some details weren't there.  This is a newer genre for me - haven't read too many futuristic tales before this.   Being a novella, it is a fairly quick read so I was able to finish it quickly.  (Received copy from NetGalley)   ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment