Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"Safe in His Arms" (Renee Rose)

"Safe in His Arms" by Renee Rose - This is a story of a reunion of two people that had met 7 years prior. She became pregnant but believed he was killed in a military operation. (possible spoiler alert below - no real specifics but an overview of the events and my opinion of them)
I had a tough time with this story - although it didn't bother me that  Becca felt a need to have Zac "punish" her, I thought it was a bit too much and over the top most times. She could never have a different opinion than him without getting spanked - which, to me, was more of a beating most times. Also, she seemed to have been a strong person, raising her son alone for 6 years, but as soon as Zac reappeared, she became weak. He bothered me a bit as well. I felt he didn't allow her to feel angry with him or protective of her son. Again, as soon as she didn't agree with him, he would discipline her. I found the relationship between Parker and Becca odd as well - he seemed closer to Zac, whom he just met, then her.
I don't have issues with BDSM in stories but to me, I just didn't get that part of the relationship - was she really "safe in his arms"? The plot of the story about her and her son being in danger I did like. An alpha male charging in to protect his own is one of my favorite types of stories.
(I received this book from NetGalley for an honest review.)    ✔✔✔

No comments:

Post a Comment