Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

"Play by Play" (A Play Makers Novella) (Kate Donavan)


As I began reading “Play by Play” (A Play Makers Novella) by Kate Donavan, I was enjoying it - the introduction to the characters was light and fun.  It’s great to have a hero that can laugh at himself and his situation.   I understood Sophie's hesitancy to get involved but loved how she decided to become friends first before just writing off any sort of relationship.
As the book progressed, I liked the way their relationship developed.  Although, I would have enjoyed a bit more insight into the time they spent together and Sophie’s point of view.  The ending  also seemed a bit rushed, and, although issues are resolved, I thought more explanation was needed.  I suppose that being a novella is the reason.
Despite the feeling that the second half was missing something, I did enjoy the lightness of the book.  It was a quick and easy read.   ✔✔✔✔

1 comment: