Search This Blog

Thursday, May 25, 2017

"Chase" (Barbara Dunlop) AVAILABLE NOW!




BOOK SUMMARY
Betrayed by his fiancĂ©e and his best friend, Chase Garrett heads out on the road with the American Extreme Bull Riders Association, determined to ride hard and keep a wall around his heart. But during a competition, three-year-old Riley Barrett bursts through that barrier when he throws himself into Chase’s arms, insisting Chase is his daddy. And Chase’s walls collapse further when he meets Riley’s mother–beautiful, vulnerable, sexy Maddy.
A widow for only a year, Maddy Barrett is stunned by her son Riley’s outlandish assertion that Chase is his father. She tries desperately to convince Riley that his father has not come home to them. When Chase and Maddy join forces to help her son, she finds herself falling fast for the sexy, hard-working bull rider—wishing he truly could be the man for Riley, and the man for her.



TBR/BUY LINKS





CAT'S REVIEW
"Chase" by Barbara Dunlop tells us the story of a young boy missing his daddy and a severe case of mistaken identity. I liked the premise of the story, however, I found there were several areas that didn't quite work for me. Chase, reeling from his fiancee's betrayal, is on the rodeo circuit. He meets Maddy, a widow with a three year old son that believes Chase is his Daddy. Of course, Chase and Maddy work together to help Riley understand the truth, and during that time, sparks fly. I can't say that I loved any of the characters, well, maybe Riley. While Chase was sexy and his concern and willingness to help Riley was applaudible, at times he was a bit immature. And Maddy, I really wish she had a bit more of a backbone. Others seemed to want to dictate her life and it really frustrated me that she didn't always stand up for herself more. There are aspects of the story that I liked and, of course, Riley is a cutie pie too. The story itself flows and I did like Ms. Dunlop's style. I found I was never lost and understood what was happening at all times too. Overall, this was just an ok read for me, but I will probably give Ms. Dunlop another shot at a future tale. (received copy for honest review)


AUTHOR INFO & FOLLOW LINKS

Learn more about Barbara Dunlop HERE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment