Search This Blog

Friday, November 8, 2013

"Coming Home for Christmas" (Jenny Hale)

"Coming Home for Christmas" by Jenny Hale -   This is the story of Allie and the Marley family.   Although the general idea of the plot was good it was the main female character that bothered me a bit. Allie was 32 years old, worked for 11 years as a nanny but had nothing to show for it and in my opinion, acted more like a 22 year old, especially when it came to Kip. I did like her interactions with the Marley family, especially Robert. I love holiday/Christmas stories and really wanted to love this one, but had unfortunately, didn't love Allie. It wasn't terrible and I was able to read it through it easily enough - at times, I felt the sadness and the joy. Overall, it was ok for me.     ✔✔✔


No comments:

Post a Comment